A bit of my professional history since 2002. I've been doing what I do longer than that, but this is the most relevant info.
Employers are listed in chronological order from most recent. Names are redacted
Senior Frontend EngineerNew York, NY (and remote)
Senior Web Software EngineerNew York, NY (and remote)
Member of team that manages custom platform that hosts approximately 800+ websites for radio stations and personalities nationwide.
Current responsibilites include:
- Maintenance of existing platform UI/UX as well as addition of new features
- Follow best practices for accessibility in a responsive, mobile-first layout
- Implementing Cypress testing on React/Typescript app.
- Lead efforts to add theming to platform hosted web sites using css custom properties.
- Lead efforts to update our dev process to address accessibility issues.
- Work with UX team implementing design specs on platform features
- Lead learning sessions on Web Debugging with Product Team and Test Engineering
- Advocated for modernizing front-end tech stack to React
- Advocated for dropping CSS frameworks like bootstrap and implemented CSS Grid
- Lead efforts to unify legacy mobile and desktop UI into one responsive site.
- Migrated platform from legacy LAMP stack to python to python with React/Typescript and currently nodejs/React/Typescript full-stack.
- Lead efforts to create and maintain event websites for 2013 and 2014 IheartRadio Music Festival including UI responsiveness, other UI features.
- Principal developer on HTML email promotions from 2013 - 2015
- Created and maintained digital team's jobs website, integrating with 3rd party API
- Participated in a dozen hack events
- Gave several tech talks about CSS topics, including css grid
- Member of Public Speaking Club
- CSS using Sass/SCSS
- Typescript and React
- PHP, Python, Shell scripting
Front-End Web DeveloperNew York, NY
Member of team that managed html email promotions, partner marketing microsites and e-commerce.
Responsibilites included: maintenance of existing lifestyle blog and promotions/e-commerce web site. Create promotional marketing HTML emails as provided by design team. Create promotional microsites for partner marketing opportunities as provided by design team.
- CSS using Sass/SCSS
- PHP using Symfony and CodeIgniter frameworks in LAMP stack
Senior Web DeveloperWhite Plains, NY
- Flash application development with Actionscript/Flex
Managed team of developers working on corporate services web application.
Responsibilites included: shell scripting using perl and bash, MySql database management, PHP back-end development, and front-end UI.
created customer service portal for customers of consumer-facing user-generated webcam content.
- LAMP - Linux/Apache/MySql/PHP